Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

ubuntu 9.10 problems so far

Saturday, November 21, 2009
ubuntu has been out there for a while and i upgraded it one week ago. it seems not that stable so far. system has crashed couple times and it always freezes. i have to run the tty1 and  manually kill -9 the application seem to cause the problem. still unclear what the reasons are.


the freeze is seen as the screen or the application specifically dimmed in lightness


went to Ubuntu forum, got something like this below.


Ubuntu 9.10  freezes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG37221 View Post
I'm having it. About once a day. Firefox is always in use when this happens. I've no clue but only my reset button can unfreeze it (cold boot). Been on Ubuntu since 7.04 and used SuSE prior. Am actively looking for patches to make 9.10 as stable as all previous versions. This one has not been trouble free as I've gotten used to although I am aware of the vast complexities involved with an update to an entire operating system! Mine has been a clean install.
+1

Although my system crashes (reboots) as well as freezes, and it does so far more often than once a day and not always when Firefox is running.

It's the worst issue I've ever had to deal with in Linux.
michaelzap is online now  

0 comments to ubuntu 9.10 problems so far:

Post a Comment